- You have to be logged in to do this! (see How to log in to your site)
- In your admin menubar, hover over Content -> Add Content, then click Static Page
- Use the tabs at the left to access the different components of a static page. We’ll start with Main Content which appears by Default. Stars mean that this section contains a required field.
Under Main content, give your page a Title, an optional Subtitle (a brief description that gives the reader context), and start filling in Body content.
To add an image or other media, click the “Block insert” button in the Editor’s toolbar (the right-most button—a square with a little green circle in the corner). Follow the instructions to add an image. For more on working with the Body field editor see Using the body text editor.
If this page needs to have an attached document or PDF, load it in the Attachments area. Click “Browse” to locate the file on your computer.
- To add an optional hero image (the big image that fills the whole width of the page), click the Layout tab, and then click “Browse” to select an image from your computer or from the site’s File Library. Library (see also: Image size/crop requirements & other photo guidelines)
- Open the References tab and assign this page to one or more site Categories (required), add Related Content links, or type a list of internal tags for your own reference (optional). If this is an article, you can also fill in one or more Birds in This Story fields to place bird cards in the sidebar.
When you’re finished, press Save at the bottom of the page (important!)